About Me

My photo
United States
My name is Jessie Carlile and I paint miniatures and love to roll dice. I began painting miniatures in 1999 and have never looked back. Painting is very relaxing and rewarding for me and I hope you enjoy the works I share on this website. I have won many awards for my work including the Silver in 2008 and 2009 Privateer Press Masters Painting Competition as well as a Gold in 2010. Enjoy your stay and if you have any questions feel free to contact me!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

So, I'm easily distracted.

As anyone who read the last post will see, I've not stayed true to my attempt to make a theme force and chronicle it's progress here.  The impetus behind buying a unit of MoW Bombardiers was to work on modeling them while I was displaced from my house due to a small basement fire.  I quickly learned that I don't like working anywhere other than my workspace, what at the time of my last post was in a warehouse having soot cleaned from it.  This resulted in me getting the figures only partially assembled before tossing my hands up in frustration and quickly loosing interest.  Lack of light, lack of tools and simply the lack of being able to work comfortably stalled any desire I had to model.

Flash forward after a month and a half and I'm back in my house and reunited with my workspace.  Being used to painting almost everyday was hard to adjust to, and suddenly having the ability to paint again had me at a loss as to what to paint.  I didn't really have the drive to paint until I received Alexia and 20 Risen, along with a small contingent of other Mercs (Merry Amazon gift card Christmas to me!).  I painted the IK Alexia model to warm me up, which was awful by the way, and then moved on to her Warmachine model.  She was a vast improvement upon the previous attempt and her Risen are coming along quite nicely. 

I've also learned from my last post that I'm no good at keeping a schedule.  I have three playable painted armies, so I really have no drive to paint a cohesive force over a time period.  This just means that I'm much happier painting what I feel like, so I'm not very likely to have project posts here.  Posts will generally be "hey, look what I painted!" from here on out.  I'm not going to post a posting schedule, but I am going to try and post more regularly. 

Here's to a hobby filled 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment