About Me

My photo
United States
My name is Jessie Carlile and I paint miniatures and love to roll dice. I began painting miniatures in 1999 and have never looked back. Painting is very relaxing and rewarding for me and I hope you enjoy the works I share on this website. I have won many awards for my work including the Silver in 2008 and 2009 Privateer Press Masters Painting Competition as well as a Gold in 2010. Enjoy your stay and if you have any questions feel free to contact me!

Friday, November 9, 2012

Butcher Heart of Darkness Theme Force

I've been wanting to chronicle a set project for some time, and I've settled on a theme force that I want to build based purely off aesthetics, the Butcher's Heart of Darkness theme.  I love the idea of Khador heavy armor advancing slowly, shrugging off damage and then wrecking face as soon as they get within range.  Also, this article over at Muse on Minis gave me a little bit of a kick to make the theme a little more special.

Here's the list, 75 points

The Butcher of Khardov
Berserker
Berserker
Destroyer
Man-o-war Bombardiers (Leader and 4 Grunts)
Man-o-war Demolition Corps (Leader and 4 Grunts)
Man-o-war Shocktroopers (Leader and 4 Grunts)
Man-o-war Shocktroopers (Leader and 4 Grunts)
Widowmakers (Leader and 3 Grunts)
Man-o-war Drakhun (with dismount)
Man-o-war Kovnik
Man-o-war Kovnik
Manhunter
Manhunter
Widowmaker Marksman
Yuri the Axe

The idea is to advance the Bombardiers and Demo Corps behind the Shock Troopers, who are taking all the damage, and then cut loose once I close.  The Manhunters, Marksman, Widowmakers and Yuri are there to harass the frontliners until the heavy armor can close. 

It may not be the most competitive list, but it's fun, and I think it will look good on the table.

I'm going to try to post regular updates on the work of this every Friday, so stay tuned!

Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment