About Me

My photo
United States
My name is Jessie Carlile and I paint miniatures and love to roll dice. I began painting miniatures in 1999 and have never looked back. Painting is very relaxing and rewarding for me and I hope you enjoy the works I share on this website. I have won many awards for my work including the Silver in 2008 and 2009 Privateer Press Masters Painting Competition as well as a Gold in 2010. Enjoy your stay and if you have any questions feel free to contact me!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Destor Thane 90%

Over the weekend I kept working on my Destor Thane.  Minus the base, he's close to being done, with additional shading and little detail bits being needed.
I'll go ahead and get this out of the way.  I LOVE MY AIRBRUSH.  Now that I have that out, lets get to the detail.

I painted the Thane separate from the horse, and this got rid of all the issues I encountered while painting the mount.  Next time I paint a horse, I just need to mount it to the dowel I use to normally hold my models.  

I'm not sure if I'm pleased with the metals.  They seem a little jarring compared to the smooth, pure white of the armor.  I'm considering airbrushing the metal as well, but I've heard conflicting stories about whether you should spray metallic paint with the same airbrush you use to spray flat paints.

This guy may not be on a base for a week or two, I'm planning on creating custom bases for my Retribution army.  Once I get them made, I'm going to mold and cast them, so I'll have a readily available supply of cool bases.  Look for a future post on the process.

If you have any questions or comments, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment