About Me

My photo
United States
My name is Jessie Carlile and I paint miniatures and love to roll dice. I began painting miniatures in 1999 and have never looked back. Painting is very relaxing and rewarding for me and I hope you enjoy the works I share on this website. I have won many awards for my work including the Silver in 2008 and 2009 Privateer Press Masters Painting Competition as well as a Gold in 2010. Enjoy your stay and if you have any questions feel free to contact me!

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

It's Con season!

And with Con Season comes painting contests!

This means this blog is going to go dark for a while. 

When I start to paint for contests I sometimes loose interest in what I'm painting, which results in me sitting figures down knowing they will never get finished.  Normally, when I paint figures to a table top standard, like I'm doing with my Trolls, I can push through and throw pictures up here.  When I'm painting figures to a competition standard, I can't just work through the figure unless I'm feeling really good about it.

In past years, I've been able to get Silvers in the single figure P3 painting competition.  I came in second to Jennifer Haley one year and second to Marike Reimer in another, which to me was pretty awesome.  To see my figures next to theirs was pretty encouraging.  When Privateer changed the process to coins, I received a gold coin for me entry, and instantly knew what I could have done to push him over the edge to get that trophy.

I plan to enter a figure in every category except the diorama portion.  I have an idea, but time constraints may prevent me from making one.  I will post pictures of my entries here once the contest is over and hopefully there will be some pretty shiny things to accompany them!  There may be a few posts here and there of figures I've painted in between, but posts wont be as reliably published until after Gen Con.  

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to posting some good news in a few months!

1 comment: