About Me

My photo
United States
My name is Jessie Carlile and I paint miniatures and love to roll dice. I began painting miniatures in 1999 and have never looked back. Painting is very relaxing and rewarding for me and I hope you enjoy the works I share on this website. I have won many awards for my work including the Silver in 2008 and 2009 Privateer Press Masters Painting Competition as well as a Gold in 2010. Enjoy your stay and if you have any questions feel free to contact me!

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Fennblade Warder

I've had my Trollbloods since about 2006 or so.  I've never been able to settle on a skin tone, or a way to paint it that I've liked.  Surprise, surprise, the airbrush changed everything.  

I love the studio skin tone color, but was never able to replicate it to my satisfaction.  I basically used the same build, but applied it with the airbrush, which of course cuts down on time, and easily places the highlights and shadows.  Base of Trollblood base, and highlight by adding TB Highlight, then straight TBH.  On larger surfaces, a little bit of white is mixed in.

Photographing the skin is proving to be a little tricky, the highlights are getting washed out.  I'm not getting discouraged by it, though.  I'm painting the rest of my Trollbloods up and can't wait to smash some face with a force that is a little more resilient than my Scyrah. 







The tartan is a straight copy of the studio tartan.  It'll probably be the pattern of my force.  

I made a Borka conversion a long time ago that I've actually begun to put paint to as of this writing.  Hopefully he should be up in a few weeks.

Comments and questions welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment