About Me

My photo
United States
My name is Jessie Carlile and I paint miniatures and love to roll dice. I began painting miniatures in 1999 and have never looked back. Painting is very relaxing and rewarding for me and I hope you enjoy the works I share on this website. I have won many awards for my work including the Silver in 2008 and 2009 Privateer Press Masters Painting Competition as well as a Gold in 2010. Enjoy your stay and if you have any questions feel free to contact me!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Painted Griffon the second

More Retribution this week, surprise, surprise!  

This is technically my third Griffon, but the second I've painted in this variation of the official scheme.  This is the plastic one that came in the Battlebox, and I was impressed with the potential for poses since I didn't have to worry about pinning.  I wanted to copy the pose that's in the Retribution book, but shoulder pads and arm things get in the way a little.  I think I got the point across.



As I said in my previous post, I painted this Griffon with my Aspis.  I pushed the highlights a little higher with my airbrush and that worried me a bit that I had overdone it, but it worked out in the end.  Let that be a lesson to never give up on something just because it didn't quite come out how you expected.

I have been playing even more with my airbrush recently using different colors and I'm pleased with what I'm learning.  I tested drab green and Khador red on a MoW Shock Trooper that I think looks great, and I've been playing more with blues on an Avenger that I'm also pleased with.  Right now I'm only really using the airbrush to get figures tabletop ready, but I'm excited about the possibilities of using an airbrush for certain things on competition figures.  I think NMM on swords and similar weapons will be a breeze and turn out really smooth. 

I'll have pics of the Avenger and MoW Shock Trooper in the following weeks.  

I've also had a lot of people ask about a tutorial for my Retribution white, and one is coming!  I've never done a step by step with pictures, so I have to work the logistics out for this, but I'm working on it!  The demo model will either be a Gorgon or Artificer.

Comments and questions welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment