About Me

My photo
United States
My name is Jessie Carlile and I paint miniatures and love to roll dice. I began painting miniatures in 1999 and have never looked back. Painting is very relaxing and rewarding for me and I hope you enjoy the works I share on this website. I have won many awards for my work including the Silver in 2008 and 2009 Privateer Press Masters Painting Competition as well as a Gold in 2010. Enjoy your stay and if you have any questions feel free to contact me!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Painted Aspis

When the Aspis was first unveiled in Wrath, I wasn't too impressed and it flew under my radar.  It wasn't until I bought the Scyrah boxed set that I decided to get the arms from the PP parts store and give it a little more thought..  I had no real interest in a second Chimera, so the Aspis seemed to be the way to go.  Getting more Griffon parts crossed my mind, but I think I'm okay with three of them.

I painted this guy while I was painting my second Griffon.  I was able to get the both of them painted in two days, with about 4 or five hours of work a day.  I pushed the shadows and highlights further than I'm comfortable with using the airbrush, but that saved me quite a bit of time with the brush.  I thought the both of them would not turn out looking good, but I'm pretty pleased with them.  







I like the new plastic lights, however they're plagued with mold lines that may be hard to get to.  Mold lines were all over the shoulder pads where the channels are, so they proved quite difficult to clean.  Other than that, the plastic lights are a joy.

I'm looking forward to testing this guy out in my both Prime and Epic Vyros lists, as well as with Kaelyssa.  He's fast enough to keep up with eVyross, and can allow all three casters to be played a little more aggressively.

I've has quite a few inquiries on how I paint my Retribution using both my airbrush and regular brush, so look for a tutorial after a few weeks.  I'll paint up my Gorgon and try my hand at creating a step by step tutorial.

Comments and criticism welcome!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment