About Me

My photo
United States
My name is Jessie Carlile and I paint miniatures and love to roll dice. I began painting miniatures in 1999 and have never looked back. Painting is very relaxing and rewarding for me and I hope you enjoy the works I share on this website. I have won many awards for my work including the Silver in 2008 and 2009 Privateer Press Masters Painting Competition as well as a Gold in 2010. Enjoy your stay and if you have any questions feel free to contact me!

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Captain Kraye

Perhaps blogging after Irish Car Bombs is a bad idea.  We'll see.  

This week brings you an older model I've painted, but I'm still proud of him.  Being a fan of the Old West, Kraye really appealed to me, and I loved painting this model.  Painting him was an ordeal though.  I don't exactly remember how it happened, but he was accidentally knocked off my desk while I was in the middle of working on him, and he shattered into pieces.  He then sat in pieces for some time before I worked on him again.

I decided to pick him up again after I made a decision I really wanted to push towards painting all of my Cygnar.  I only have a few models left to paint, so I suppose this was a successful goal.  I glued him back together and realized the damage wasn't that bad, and it didn't affect the paint I had previously laid down.  I enjoyed painting all the little detail, and I tried to paint hair on the flanks of the horse.  I wasn't as successful as I wanted to be, but lessons were learned and I look forward to attempting this technique again.  

The rock that Malagant is walking down was the first real time the two brush blending method clicked for me.  I was so excited I was able to make it work at the time, and it has been an invaluable tool that I have put to great use since.   I hope you enjoy this model as much as I did!






I've made some great progression with my Retribution force in the past few weeks.  I was able to paint up an Aspis and my second Griffon in two days thanks to my airbrush.  Thanks the the same airbrush, I was also able to paint up a full unit of Invictors plus their UA in just two days as swell.  Pictures of these models will be up in the following weeks.  I'm excited to apply what I've learned painting my Retribution with and airbrush to my Cygnar,  and previous example of airbrush work on a Minuteman may follow soon as well.

Comments and criticism welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment