About Me

My photo
United States
My name is Jessie Carlile and I paint miniatures and love to roll dice. I began painting miniatures in 1999 and have never looked back. Painting is very relaxing and rewarding for me and I hope you enjoy the works I share on this website. I have won many awards for my work including the Silver in 2008 and 2009 Privateer Press Masters Painting Competition as well as a Gold in 2010. Enjoy your stay and if you have any questions feel free to contact me!

Monday, March 14, 2011

The much maligned Triumph

Unlike many, I like Triumph. So I painted him. You may notice he has no base yet, and you can thank my final semester in college for that. Many papers loom on the horizon and painting has taken a back seat for a while, but Triumph was finished quite some time ago. He does have a base made complete with sand bags and dirty trench goodness but alas, school.

With the idea in mind that next to nobody likes Triumph, I wanted to make him look as grimy, scratched up and drug through the mud as much as possible. Of course, blood also had to be splattered all about the shield that so many believe is useless. So I loaded up my brush and flicked away with mud and blood and ended up with this,




Eventually his base will be finished and Triumph will be fit for the front lines of Northguard!

4 comments:

  1. Looks good. And BTW, I am a fan of Big T. I think that we will see an Epic Siege that makes Triumph make sense to the frothy masses of the forums. Excellent work with the flick method. Looking forward to seeing it with a completed base.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll be neat if we get epic Siege, but right now my main opponent likes to play the obligatory Man Hunter trio so it's nice to have something that can ignore stealth and place a three inch aoe on top of them. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bloodflick ftw ;p

    ReplyDelete