About Me

My photo
United States
My name is Jessie Carlile and I paint miniatures and love to roll dice. I began painting miniatures in 1999 and have never looked back. Painting is very relaxing and rewarding for me and I hope you enjoy the works I share on this website. I have won many awards for my work including the Silver in 2008 and 2009 Privateer Press Masters Painting Competition as well as a Gold in 2010. Enjoy your stay and if you have any questions feel free to contact me!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

What's going on?

It's been awhile since my last post. Triumph is done, but he is still waiting for his base to be complete. School has a way of getting between a painter and his figures. Fret not, however, for I have some pics of other figures to tide you over for a bit.

First up is Strahkov. He was painted for a fellow Pressganger who lost his brother. His brother had mentioned he would have liked to paint a Strahkov battle group in SWAT team colors. This is my interpretation of what Strahkov would look like in such a scheme. He was painted in about 7 to 8 hours and he was my first time using pigment to dirty up the bottom of his coat.





Next up, I like to game, so here are some shots I liked from a previous weekend of rolling dice.
+++Edit+++
The big red guys were painted by a great guy named Kenyon Shiver. Always fun to play against and I think our figures look pretty dang good on a board together.


Until next time, happy painting!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, guy. Site is looking better and better with the addition of posts and photos!

    One constructive critisism, though: In your posts including pics of games played, consider crediting who painted what force- I wouldn't want anyone forming their opinion of your skill based on any figs that I, or others, may have painted that are in the photo with yours.

    Not false humility here- 'Just want you to be represented accurately!

    Again, the site is looking great. I look forward to seeing where it goes!

    ReplyDelete